Big changes have occurred in the home inspection space since the announcement that “real estate auctions and open house inspections (other than private appointments for inspections)” were made prohibited activities from 11.59pm 25 March 2020.
Accordingly, when arranging or conducting private appointments for open homes, our agents will undertake the following:
- Check that the occupants are not ill, self-isolating or under quarantine before arranging and attending.
- Arrange with the owner to prepare the property for contactless inspections. Have key drawers, pantries and wardrobes open and ready to view. Open as many doors and windows as possible to minimise the need for attendees to do the same. Attendees are to be encouraged not to touch.
- Single appointments of one attendee (in addition to one agent) who must provide their details at the time of making the appointment.
- Arrange to have all surfaces of the home, including benchtops and door handles, wiped down with cleaning products.
- Have hand sanitiser available at the entry of the property.
- As a condition of entry, require attendees to indicate that they are not ill, self-isolating or under quarantine and have not returned from overseas or interstate in the last 14 days.
- Prohibit physical contact, including shaking hands. We will greet you with a wave, bow, or another contactless greeting instead!
- Observe ‘social distancing’ protocols of staying 1.5m away from others wherever possible.
- Limit inspection times, allowing 15-30 minutes for people to peruse the property.
- On completion, arrange to have any surfaces of the home that were touched wiped down with cleaning products.
We are now offering and encouraging virtual inspections, which allow a personalised property viewing experience without any of the risks that exist with face-to-face contact. If you would like more information, or would like to book a virtual inspection of a property, please reach out to your friendly Poulsen Property agent.